And it’s time for five things make a blog post.
1) I saw a great thing earlier today that fits in nicely with yesterday’s post. Start the year with an empty jar and every time something wonderful happens, write it down. Read all the slips of paper next New Year’s Eve.
2) Today I finished the first draft of Morrison Investigations Case 2, “The book without a good title”. Tomorrow I start work on Case 3. That’s right, no rest for the wicked, not even the extremely wicked.
3) I am sitting in my car, waiting for my youngest son to get out of Boy Scouts. I just heard a commercial on the radio for amateur night at a strip club. That’s what I get for not listening to NPR.
4) I got a great Hanukkah gift this afternoon from my friend Rona. It’s a small wall-hanging that says “Crazy just might work” – sounds like the motto for 2013.
5) I am taking the last week of December off. By this I mean I won’t be writing any fiction with the possible exception of a short story for my short story class. I plan to hang out on the couch, play games with the kids and knit something for myself. Possibly a browncoat.